Home > Forum > General Discussion > STAFF APPLICATION ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Karma-Gaming - STAFF APPLICATION ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STAFF APPLICATION ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Trevor
10:14pm Aug-20-2023
Last Edit By: Trevor
At: 3:17pm Aug-21-2023
Hello! We encourage users who want to help out Karma to apply. However, we have high standards for applicants, and too much we run into users rushing to apply or some other issue. If you want legitimate advice on applying, continue reading.

What do we want in applicants?;

What is most important when considering applicants is four things:
Behavior.
Activity.
Rule-knowledge.
Application.
We need users we can trust to be well-composed when handling rule-breakers in-game, be active with their job, know what rules they need to enforce, and, of course, also have a presentable application. I will go over all of these so you can best improve your chances of being accepted into staff.

Behavior
What you must remember is that staff are role-models for players in the community. Therefore, we will not only judge you based on whether you have/haven’t broken rules, but whether you would be able to fit a position like this. Red-flags in this regard include:
- Spamming binds (e.g. Lenny Face).
- Any form of racism towards others (e.g. variants on racial slurs).
- Disrespectful or provocative behavior towards others (e.g. taunting people based on their skill level and insulting rule-breakers).
- Needless arguing with other users.
- Constant punishment by staff.

Activity
If you are appointed staff, we expect you to not just take up a position. We have many, many reports coming in around the clock, and so we are not going to be lenient on users who have subpar or inconsistent activity in-game. Forums and Discord are less important in this regard, but inactivity on either can still very much count against you.

Rule-knowledge
Simply put, if you commonly need to be corrected on the rules (especially on TTT), then we will not be able to trust you with enforcing them. Read over the rules so that you can recall them when need be. You are also free to ask staff questions on rules, which we encourage over drawing your own conclusions and possibly spreading false information.

Application
I highly recommend you do not create your application in one sitting. Rushed applications can ruin a good applicant. Here are some tips to keep in mind when you are putting together an application:
Do not just meet the requirements, but surpass them. Most accepted staff have 100+ hours of connection time, and have well-established a presence in the discord.
To an extent, we can allow one dispensable requirement to be missed, say if you got a VAC ban from a long time ago or you are under the age requirement. However, you must then meet all the other requirements, and prove that this missed requirement isn’t a relevant issue.
Create an argument for why you should be staff.
The questions, "What additional talents/skills could you bring to the staff team" and "What do you think makes a good staff member" have been confused in the past. They certainly have similarities, but if you just read directly what each one asks and respond to that, you will be good.
One last thing that id like mention is that the length of your application doesn't necessarily make it a good application. Sometimes short and to the point works better than writing a whole bunch of filler information. Just make sure that you answer the two main questions with atleast 2+ sentences.

Below I have given a great example of someone's application that you can reference but not copy.

Good luck with your application!
I hate you all
Trevor
10:29pm Aug-20-2023
Last Edit By: Trevor
At: 10:30pm Aug-20-2023
In Game/Steam Name
Karma Bot

Steam ID
STEAM_0:0:555409391

Your Discord User
Karma Bot

Do you own a microphone
Yes

Do you have any previous CS:GO staff/admin experience
Yes

If yes, details. How long, where at etc
I'm currently managing two scrim/match servers for professional/semi-professional teams (CLG Red & GSG9).

I was a lead admin on No Dodgy (http://www.nododgy.com/) 1v1 servers for about a year until the owner had datacenter issues and decided to shut down the community.

Do you have any previous NON CS:GO staff/admin experience
Yes

If so, details
I used to run a Counter-Strike 1.6 community which consisted of multiple different servers at the same time while also managing a website/forums to keep the community engaged.

Which Karma server are you applying for
1v1s

How long have you been playing on karma servers
1 Month

What is your primary timezone(closest to you)
Eastern

How many HOURS PER DAY do you play (average)

How many DAYS PER WEEK do you play

What additional talents/skills could you bring to the staff team
If needed, I have experience in SourceMod and map making. I've always wanted to put together a 1v1 map. Here are examples of some of the maps I've created: https://steamcommunity.com/id/tiMzz/myworkshopfiles/?appid=730

I also love putting together and hosting events for communities.

What do you think makes a good staff member
A staff member is someone who respects the community and is not just in it for a staff title or power. Someone that participates because they want to and not just to get those staff powers. Someone who wants to see the community grow.

Some of my best staff members I ever recruited never were known to be admins in my CS 1.6 community because they didn't flaunt the power and were just a normal community member that became respected throughout their participation.
I hate you all
Karma-Gaming - Forum