Home > Forum > Feedback > Rules Change or idek
Karma-Gaming - Rules Change or idek
Rules Change or idek
SeanS
3:13am Nov-22-2020
There is a huge disparity between the level of punishment on servers and the discord. On most of the karma network if you say a no no word you get a 15-30 minute mute, but on the discord you get a week mute/timeout. I feel like the punishments received for verbal/chat offense should be universal among all of the karma network.
What also frustrates me is the staff actively participate in baiting or even saying no no words in the karma discord, and other staff members/higher ups will blatantly say it with absolutely no repercussions due to their rank. Its unreasonable for mods, admins, managers, and even the owners of the server participate in it while if someone on the discord doesn't know the rules or slip up they get punished for a while compared to other servers.

Note: Im not just speaking from my experiences, several other players have had this happen to them.
poop
rick
6:38pm Nov-23-2020
^
I used to play soccer
Case
2:13am Nov-25-2020
Quote From SeanS
What also frustrates me is the staff actively participate in baiting or even saying no no words in the karma discord, and other staff members/higher ups will blatantly say it with absolutely no repercussions due to their rank. Its unreasonable for mods, admins, managers, and even the owners of the server participate in it while if someone on the discord doesn't know the rules or slip up they get punished for a while compared to other servers.

There's something called a staff complaint Sean. If you feel one is needed then make one, not everyone is intangible to punishment.

As to your point of punishments, I'm sure this is about your week mute for "n word bait". It was a week because you have done it multiple times before and repeat offenders don't get the same punishment every time. You don't see someone who's been muted more than once get the same 15 minute mute for n word baiting again.
oo wow
SeanS
11:53pm Nov-25-2020
Hey, thank you for responding. I appreciate that you are taking time out of your day to read/respond to this. I just wanted to add/clarify a few of my points and things you addressed. Yes this inspired due to me getting a mute, but when I wrote it I had already served the mute and wanted the server to improve upon this aspect. AS well you addressed something else I've been meaning to write about also. I think the frequency of the action a player is committing should be taken into account. Yes I have n word baited several times, but when I was muted for it I hadn't baited for almost a whole month and the n word bait was a mis-interpretation on iBirbs part. I feel like this should be taken into account as well, not just home many times they have broken the rules. Such as a regular player slipping up once shouldn't get punished much as a new player saying a no no word 4 times.
Note: I get absolutely nothing by writing this, I just want to make sure regulars are treated fair
Ashy
:>
1:53am Nov-29-2020
"Such as a regular player slipping up once shouldn't get punished much as a new player saying a no no word 4 times."

I understand what you mean by this, however, the problem arises of people complaining about staff being biased which can cause many more issues down the line.
Karma-Gaming - Forum