Home > Forum > Reviewed Suggestions > General Community Suggestions
Karma-Gaming - General Community Suggestions
General Community Suggestions
icee
1:25pm Jan-02-2021
Hey all, I just have a few suggestions that could be employed on all the Karma Servers.

1. Give VIPs the ability to turn off enemy tracers. Enemy tracers have been something that everyone has complained about. Having this as a toggle could incentivize more people to buy VIP. (I'm not really sure what servers have tracers as I've only ever played on 1v1s.)

2. Have the Top 3 on toptime also receive VIP at the end of the season. With the new season system being implemented and the Top 3 performers of each server receiving VIP for the subsequent season, I think it would make sense for the Top 3 people who have been on the server the longest to also receive VIP. Although they might not be the best ones there, they are the most active members on the server.

3. Advertise VIP more. There are auto-messages advertising the Karma Discord Server and whatnot, so why not advertise VIP? I'm not really sure many people know about it or the specifics of it, like what it comes with and the cost. Having an auto-message would just help put VIP out there.

4. Going along with the auto-message idea, maybe add messages when there's 15, 10, 5, and 1 minutes left of the map. There's a lot of people that ask when the map will end so this would kinda help negate that.

5. Be able to preview what you're buying. Sometimes an item might sound cool to buy when in reality it looks horrible (or vice versa). This might be easier said than done but being able to see what you're buying, whether it be a chat message color or wings, would give users a better understanding of what they're getting.

6. This might be more geared towards 1v1s but have the map vote occur later into the round. Right now, the map vote occurs 10 minutes into the map (halfway through). Changing it to the last 2-3 minutes would just make more sense imo because some people can just vote randomly then leave and then also people who join late don't have a say in the next map.

7. Change the buttons of the coinflips from 1 and 2 to accept and deny to 5 and 6. Sometimes when people are fighting a cf will pop up so when you want to swap to your primary/pistol, it will accept/deny the coinflip, which may lead to accidental coinflips. Although I've heard the argument of "just turn off cf's when you don't wanna cf," this is a little extra, as I'm not sure people want to type !cf 50 then press 3 at the start of every round. Changing it to 5 and 6 like accepting/denying challenges would remove this from happening. I know Gazzy talked about this in his post, but I feel like it needs to be brought up again.

8. Add division to the math questions. This is a little of a personal thing, as I love doing the math questions, but you already have addition, subtraction, and multiplication, so why not division? I'm not sure how you ask the questions, because obv you don't really want to end up with a fraction, but yeah.

I'm not really sure how easy these will be to implement code-wise, but I'm sure that the community will appreciate these changes. I'm excited to see what you guys think!
icee not ice
Gazzy
am bad
9:06pm Jan-02-2021
1. I don't think this would be a good idea, VIP should minimize the advantages it gets over non-VIP members. If tracers were to get removed, they would be removed altogether

3. for 1v1's, VIP really doesn't get that much. It's more common/talked about in other servers. I personally don't think that buying VIP for just 1v1's isn't worth it. There isn't much currently to entice 1v1 players, and I don't really know what else we could add to make 1v1 players consider it.

7. I suggested this when I first became staff, really have no clue why this isn't standard
icee
4:06pm Jan-03-2021
Quote From Gazzy
1. I don't think this would be a good idea, VIP should minimize the advantages it gets over non-VIP members. If tracers were to get removed, they would be removed altogether

3. for 1v1's, VIP really doesn't get that much. It's more common/talked about in other servers. I personally don't think that buying VIP for just 1v1's isn't worth it. There isn't much currently to entice 1v1 players, and I don't really know what else we could add to make 1v1 players consider it.

7. I suggested this when I first became staff, really have no clue why this isn't standard

1. Ok that makes sense, as I don't think people want this server to become sorta pay-to-win.

3. Yeah again, I only have experience for 1v1s, but that makes sense. This might be a long shot, as it might be pay-to-win, but maybe add more gun choices, like smgs, or remove the challenge cooldown? What about having their map vote count as 2 or 3 votes as opposed to 1?

7. Yeah, I remember reading your post, and I felt like I needed to bring it up again.
icee not ice
misplays
6:35pm Jan-03-2021
1. Agree; I actually enjoy this suggestion. While it is different from Gazzy's perspective, ever since MOTDs were removed from CSGO, being able to get any sort of money from a community network is rough. VIPs allow servers to live and looking at the functions VIP gives on Karma, it lacks in certain departments. Being able to toggle tracers for VIPs only is realistically not a whole game changer, just less clutter on the screen.
2. Agree; I believe in the idea that the top timers should be rewarded (does not have to be VIP).
3. Agree; Nothing wrong with adding some sort of auto-message of VIP.
4. Semi-agree; Just do it last five minutes of the map. Maybe one at the 10-minute mark. Anything more seems excessive.
5. Agree; Speaking past of the Legion community, we used to have a dedicated chatroom in the Discord showcasing all the different models. Same thing can be done for the Karma discord but with every cosmetic instead. Not too hard to replicate, just time-consuming.
6. Neutral; Do not play 1v1 enough to make a statement on this one.
7. Agree; Nothing to state.
8. Disagree; Personally, do not see much reason in adding division equations into the mix.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Darth Elmo
6:45pm Jan-11-2021
1. I like this idea, don't know if it'll be possible to implement, but I'll try.

2. I like this too.

3. We actually already have exactly that - auto-messages advertising VIP. We can do more though, and we will add more when we implement our automatic VIP system (coming soon hopefully).

4. I'll consider it, but the /timeleft command already exists.

5. We used to have something like this where you could preview items in third person but it got exploited too hard. Maybe in the future, but not for now.

6. Will look into this

7. Will see if I can do this in a few weeks when I'm back on my PC (the coinflip file is there)

8. Pretty sure the fractions is exactly why it's not there. Maybe we can do integer division or implement a rounder in the code but if its too much work I'm not gonna bother for something this small
Karma-Gaming - Forum